Browns looking for third consecutive victory

Written by: Matt Sympson

The Cleveland Browns are on a two-game winning streak for the first time since weeks two and three of the 2011 NFL season.

On Nov. 25, the Browns (4-8) defeated their arch-rivals the Pittsburgh Steelers.

They also beat the Oakland Raiders this past Sunday, which ended their 12-game losing streak on the road.

Browns fans are thrilled to be on a two-game winning streak.

“I’m impressed with the Browns, and I look forward to the continuing progress and development of the rookies,” said University of Akron student Greg Hyde.

This coming Sunday, the Browns will face the Kansas City Chiefs, who have also had their struggles this season.

Because of injuries to starting quarterback Matt Cassell, backup quarterback Brady Quinn finally got to see some time behind center. He hadn’t played in a game for two years.

Many Browns fans joke that the Chiefs are the old Browns.

Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel was the old Browns head coach a couple of years ago; Chiefs running back Peyton Hillis was a Browns running back from 2010 to 2011; and Quinn played backup to quarterback Derek Anderson from 2007 to 2009.

“The new Browns are looking good enough to beat the old Browns,” Hyde joked.

With their playoff hopes still up in the air, the Browns are eager to give their fans a victory and increase their winning streak to three.

The Browns haven’t been on a three-game winning streak since 2009, when they ended their regular-season schedule on a four-game winning streak, including a victory over the Steelers for the first time in six years.

On Sunday, the Browns will take the field and try to earn their fifth win.

The last time they had five wins in a season was in 2009, when they went 5-11.

They will host the Chiefs on Sunday at 1 p.m.