A best friend is a true soulmate

Gabriel Glandorf

“Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.”

Any true “Sex and the City” fan would recognize this line as being from one of the numerous articles Carrie writes on the show. But, besides being the answer to a very riveting game of trivia, this quote also seems to hold a bit of validity.

Think about your relationship with your best friend. You share everything with them, have a great connection, go to them for advice, always want them to be present when you’re having a good time, and basically couldn’t picture your life without them in it.

You know them inside and out and accept and admire them for who they are. For me, all those things combined just about hit the idea of a soul mate on the head.

If you were to think about the relationship you’d want to have with your future husband, it would most likely encompass all of the things you already share with your best friends.

A serious relationship is, at its core, built on a strong friendship, which is why I believe that you can consider your best friends your soul mates.

They’re people you feel a strong and unbreakable connection with, and feel as though fate has brought them to you to make your life better.

The truth is, unless you’ve met a man that you honestly could see yourself marrying, you are closer to your best friends than you will ever be to the boy you met at the club last week.

So, ladies, until you meet the person you’re going to marry, guys will always just be people to have fun with and laugh about with your real soul mates while dressed to the nines in Chanel and drinking coffee at a New York café.

…well, a girl can dream, can’t she?