New positions posted

Career Link offers 106 new opportunities

By Kelly Unger and Sofia Syed

Are you about to graduate in the spring, but unsure of how to find a job? Career Link, a website advocated by the Career Center, recently posted 106 new co-op, internship, and full-time job positions.

This useful job e-board is free for students and faculty.

Creating a profile on Career Link is simple and convenient. In a short amount of time, students and alumni can begin searching for various positions ranging from broadcasting opportunities to summer internships.

Some of the posted positions include an E-learning internship at Hyland Software, a database administrator intern for OEConnection, and project manager- store planning for Sterling Jewelers.

Career Link allows students to search for offered positions by time availability, their skill set, or by searching specific terms to find jobs more conveniently.

Career Center employee Mike Kulick said, “Career Link is a unique website because employers are looking for UA students to fill positions,and that students should begin looking at internships during their first year of college.”

Although students probably won’t enter an internship until their junior or senior year, and internships or part-time opportunities may not lead to a full-time job, Career Link is a tool for anyone looking to get their “foot in the door” in a variety of companies and organizations.

Career Link also allows anyone to upload a copy of their résumé and maintain it on the site. The website also has a “Career Advice Media library” available, which is filled with résumé and cover letter guidelines. Students can also receive interviewing tips and tricks.

To create a profile, visit www.collegecentral.com/uakron, stop by the Career Center in Union Room 211, or contact by calling 330-972-7747.