ZPN enhances student life

By Stephanie Halle, Writer

The Zips Programming Network hosts events throughout the academic year to enhance student life on campus.

ZPN plans a wide variety of activities for UA students to participate in, such as Friday Nights in the Union, movies at the Union theater, bus trips and much more.

On Sept. 25, ZPN brought in instructors from the Ballroom Dancing club to give free swing dancing lessons to UA  students. The program was “successful and fun,” as Ashley Ritter, a member of ZPN, said.

Students filled the Union outside of the Union market to join in an evening of friends, dancing, and food.

ZPN has also recently offered a bus trip to attend a Columbus Crew soccer game.

Throughout the week leading up to the trip, ZPN held a contest on Twitter to win free tickets to the Columbus Crew game.

Twitter users had to retweet specific ZPN tweets, in order to be in the running to win the tickets.

Other students who wished to go were more than encouraged to buy their tickets through ZPN.

Students simply had to put a $5 deposit down before the game to reserve their seat on the bus. Their money was then returned once the students were on their way home from the game.

Students interested in upcoming events or becoming involved with ZPN can follow the organization on social media at @UAkronZPN. ZPN holds their meetings on Monday nights at 4:30 p.m. in the Student Union Room 316.