Letters Submission Policy
The Buchtelite welcomes diverse viewpoints on its Opinion page. If you would like to contribute, please abide by these requirements:
- Letters to the editor should be 300 words or less and should be on topics relevant to The University of Akron community.
- Readers who want to express themselves in more depth should contact the Opinion Editor at 330-972-7362 to be considered as a Guest Viewpoint writer. Guest Viewpoints should be 700 words or less.
- All submissions must be signed. Anonymous letters will be rejected. However, the editors reserve the right to grant anonymity in rare and compelling cases.
- Letters and Guest Viewpoints may be edited for clarity, accuracy and space.
- Letters and Guest Viewpoints containing personal attacks, libel, hate speech, or false or misleading information will be rejected.
- We prefer that you use the online form to submit your letter. All letters and Guest Viewpoints must include the writer’s full name, street address, year and major (students only), university email (or other email, if applicable) and phone number.
- Street address, email address and phone number will be used for verification purposes only and will not be published.
- All submitted letters and Guest Viewpoints become the property of The Buchtelite and may be used in both the online and print editions.
- These requirements many be amended at any time without notice. Changes will take effect immediately.