- The Buchtelite reserves the right to reject or require revision of any ad that it finds objectionable, libelous, discriminatory or in poor taste. The advertiser agrees not to hold The Buchtelite liable for nonpublication of any ad. If a prepaid ad is rejected for publication, the advertiser will receive full reimbursement.
- The advertiser agrees not to hold The Buchtelite liable for any typographical errors. The Buchtelite will cancel a charge or grant a credit for an ad rendered valueless by a typographical error.
- An advertiser who cancels a contract agrees to pay 50 percent of the value of the remainder of the contract.
- If an ad needs a design revision because of advertiser error, a surcharge equal to 10 percent of the cost of the ad will be applied.
- Ad design services are available for a fee equal to 10 percent of the cost of the ad.
- The advertiser assumes responsibility for all ad content, whether text or images, and for any claims made against The Buchtelite as a result of an ad’s content.
- These policies are subject the change at any time. Changes take effect immediately.
PLEASE NOTE: Only University of Akron students who register with a zips.uakron.edu email address are able to place a free online classified ad. A note that pops up after the Post Classified button is clicked erroneously indicates that faculty and staff may also place a free ad. That note is part of the classified advertising host’s page template and cannot be changed to reflect The Buchtelite’s policy limiting free ads to students.
To see online classified ad rates, click here. To place a classified ad, click here or call any of our Advertising Representatives at 330-972-5896. For general inquiries, feel free to call the Office Assistant at 330-972-7919 or the Business Manager at 330-972-5912.
To see online display advertising rates, click here. To place a display ad in print, online or both, click here or call any of our Advertising Representatives at 330-972-5896. You can also call the Business Manager at 330-972-5912 with any questions or concerns.
- The Buchtelite publishes a newspaper on most Tuesdays and Thursdays during the academic year, which normally runs from late August to early May. The paper does not publish on university-observed holidays or on the day after those holidays, and it does not publish during winter and spring breaks or during the summer sessions.
- buchtelite.com accepts display and classified ads year-round.