Off-Campus Student Services
A one-stop resource for students who live off campus or plan to live off campus, their parents, and landlords. Helps students locate housing, find roommates and get answers to questions related to off-campus living.
Student Union Room 152
Community Legal Aid
• Legal advice for those who meet income qualifications.
Fair Housing Contact Service
• Information about fair housing and sample forms to use with your landlord.
• Tenant/landlord line: 330-376-0359
Department of Neighborhood Assistance
• Akron office used to report nuisance issues related to housing in your area.
This website can be used to see the prevalence and type of crime reported near a specific address over a period of time.
Akron Municipal Code
• A searchable listing of laws passed in Akron. Great source for laws related to noise, bonfires, tenant and landlord issues.
Ohio Revised Code
• A listing of all laws passed in the state of Ohio. The tenant/landlord section is Chapter 5321.
SOURCE: The University of Akron Off-Campus Student Services