Ely Road Boutique: Hidden Gem of Akron 11-01-16

20 Maiden Lane

Michelle DeShon

Owner Suzie Pruitt holder her corgi Huey at Ely Road Boutique.

By Michelle DeShon, Opinion Editor

Come to Ely Road Boutique for unique and fashionable pieces and an adorable corgi named Huey.

This local boutique is new to downtown Akron. Owner Suzie Pruitt opened the boutique in January, 2016.

This boutique is located by the main library off of W. Market Street in Akron’s Downtown Historic District. It’s just steps away from two previous Hidden Gems Rubber City Clothing and Chill Artisan Ice Cream. This place is only about a half mile from campus.

Pruitt said that this boutique is great for college students on a budget. There are items for $5 or $10 and up to $60. There is always a sale happening at the boutique, and the last two racks in the store are sale racks.

Pruitt said, “…if you’re looking for a unique affordable well-made items at a place that’s within minutes of where you live or where you go to school or go to work, then Ely Road Boutique’s the place to come.”

The pieces in the boutique are hand-selected and high quality, says Pruitt. She has items that will keep you trendy and warm this winter such as ankle booties and leg warmers. They also have a variety of jewelry and accessories like scarves and socks.

Ely Road Boutique ranked #5 for Best Women’s Boutiques in the Akron-Canton Hot List this year.

Pruitt suggests that students come to the Downtown Historic District and make a night out of it. She suggests stopping not just by her boutique but also Uncorked Wine Bar, Nightlight Cinema, and BLU Jazz +.

The boutique’s logo, a woman walking a small dog, was inspired by Pruitt taking her dog, Huey, for a walk. And if you pet him, he may just roll over for a belly rub like he did for me.

Ely Road Boutique also has an online shop at elyrdboutique.com. For sneak peaks on merchandise, follow Ely Road Boutique’s Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages.

Hours of operation:

Monday: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Tuesday – Friday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.

Saturday: 3 – 7 p.m.

Sunday: Closed