Players of the Week 11-3-16

By Jake Allen, Sports Editor

Jonathan Lewis

Freshman

Forward

Men’s Soccer

The freshman from Plantation, Florida had an excellent week for the Zips. First, he scored his first goal of the season last Wednesday versus Ohio State, a game that the Zips won 2-0. Lewis finished with four shots against the Buckeyes. Lewis then went without a point on Saturday versus Bowling Green, but recorded three more shots. He then scored the first goal of the game on Wednesday versus Grand Canyon, his second of the season, then picked up an assist on Stuart Holthusen’s game-winning goal. Lewis leads the team with seven assists on the season.

Annabelle Hegeman

Senior

Goalkeeper

Women’s Soccer

In her final game as an Akron Zip, senior goalkeeper Annabelle Hegeman made the most saves she ever made collegiately. In a 1-0 loss to Buffalo last Thursday, Hegeman made 11 saves out of the 12 shots she faced. Hegeman finished with a 9-23-5 record over her two seasons as the Zips’ starting goalkeeper, with a .730 save percentage and 1.68 goals-against average.

Jojo Natson

Senior

Wide Receiver

Football

The 5-foot-8 Floridian has been a constant Player of the Week, and that won’t change after his excellent game versus Buffalo last Thursday. Natson caught five passes for 53 yards and one touchdown, but he may have made his biggest presence in the return game. Natson returned three punts in the game for 116 yards, including a 79-yard return for a touchdown. It was the second return touchdown of the season for Natson. The senior is ranked eighth in the nation with nine touchdown receptions through nine games this season.

Sadie Fazekas

Sophomore

Swimming and Diving

Fazekas led the Zips during their first event of the season this past weekend at the Ocasek Natatorium versus Ball State. The Zips won 208-89 on Friday, and Fazekas was a major factor. The Windsor, Ontario native joined Madison Myers, Paloma Munoz, and Susan Franz in the relay to take first place with a time of 1:42.11. Fazekas then won the 50 freestyle with a time of 23.28. She would finish the day by winning the 100 fly with a time of 55:14 to finish a perfect first event of the season for the sophomore.