Puppets don't disappoint

“Steve Lidrbauch [email protected] Sex, porn and racism is not something you’d normally laugh about. If you’re a puppet, however, it becomes hilarious! That’s exactly what you’ll find in Avenue Q and you’re bound to have an enjoyable experience, just so long as you leave your awkward feelings at the door.”

Steve Lidrbauch

[email protected]

Sex, porn and racism is not something you’d normally laugh about. If you’re a puppet, however, it becomes hilarious!

That’s exactly what you’ll find in Avenue Q and you’re bound to have an enjoyable experience, just so long as you leave your awkward feelings at the door.

Take all that nostalgia you had for Sesame Street and get rid of it.

Instead, take a trip over to where the puppets are edgy, racy and even horny.

They’re not without wisdom, however, as they share with you their life experiences. You’d be surprised how well you could relate.

Even puppets are not unaware of how hard life can be fresh out of college, but lucky for them they found just the right place to go.

Avenue Q is a story of friendship, love and the puppets absolute favorite word: purpose.

This is something that everyone wants to find and for this group of puppets, it’s shown through song and dance.

Well, dancing is hard to do without feet but they do the best they can.

The songs are nothing short of witty and even truthful. Just don’t listen to the Bad Idea Bears, no matter how cute they are.

The timing is very well played out, leaving plenty of time for jokes to register, but most importantly, applause.

And there was lots of applause!

Just about every stereotype you can possibly think of is portrayed, from a monster with a slight porn addiction to a puppet who, let’s just say, never sleeps in the same bed.

Yes, there are a few scenes which involve the bedroom, but this is something you’ll never see on the Discovery channel. Guaranteed.

Even puppets need to have fun and whether you’re straight or gay, it’s okay, as the song implies.

Dealing with racism is not something puppets are free of either, but to them it’s alright to acknowledge it.

It’s even better when they sing about it.

You should only see this play, however, if you’re prepared to learn the secret of what the internet is really all about.

Avenue Q is not just a place where monsters and puppets reside because, after all, even ex-child stars need a place to live and it just so happens that this was the perfect residence for Gary Coleman as well.

That’s right, he’s the landlord and he’ll be the first one to remind you how much fun it is to get joy out of other people’s misery.

Yes, those were his words. No, he’s not the real Gary Coleman but if it was, there’s no doubt he’d make all his money back!

He might even be the edgiest character of this play, sparing no expense at cracking jokes about his life.

He better not sue, because this play is a hit!

It’s definitely not for younger children though, so leave them somewhere else. And really, there’s nothing wrong with that.

It’s more about life after college, so they wouldn’t understand anyway. You will, so make sure you see it.