Love is tough, and hilarious

“There is one question that every woman finds herself asking at least in her life: is he into me? Well, she doesn’t really ask herself, she assumes. Then spends countless nights sobbing in bed wondering why the guy won’t return any of her multiple calls while coming up with various explanations as to why he is not calling her back.”

There is one question that every woman finds herself asking at least in her life: is he into me?

Well, she doesn’t really ask herself, she assumes.

Then spends countless nights sobbing in bed wondering why the guy won’t return any of her multiple calls while coming up with various explanations as to why he is not calling her back.

At least that’s the very politically incorrect image that the recent movie He’s Just Not That Into You painted of the confused, love-obsessed woman.

But it’s not all fiction. There are really women out there who have absolutely no clue how men work, and even worse, the way to rope them in.

Conveniently, the folks over at VH1 have scouted out eight of these women and have put all of them on a show called Tough Love so we can watch and try our hardest not to make the same pathetic, ridiculous mistakes as they have.

Hosted by the hilariously charming matchmaker Steven Ward, Tough Love features women from all walks of life.

From the boring, forgettable Natasha and Jessa (who is actually quite gorgeous) to two of the most vapid, trashy trainwrecks,.

The nymphomaniac model Arian and the tanorexic, porn-star looking gold-digger Taylor, who, it is quite possible, missed the Rock of Love Bus auditions and got lumped onto this show instead.

Some of the women show potential, like Abiola, a well-grounded (in comparison to the other girls on the show) African-American woman who has the bar set high.

Some, however, are going to need a little- or a lot- more help, particularly Stasha, an emasculating boxer from the East Block who would send shivers up anyone’s spine.

During the first episode, the girls mingled with men at a party and then were showed a video of what the men thought about them.

Let’s just say that these musings stayed true to the title of the show Tough Love indeed!

Any self-respecting confident woman would have been driven into tears by the words of these guys, let alone a group of insecure, relationship-hungry females!

The group of men couldn’t even remember who one of the girls was and another said that one of the women would only serve the purpose of being a sex buddy.

Of course outrage ensued- waterfalls streamed from eyes and profanities came from mouths.

From the preview of the future episodes of the show, there looks to be a lot of insanity, mixed in with some happy moments.

Jody, the oldest woman on the show, loses her cool more than a couple of times, and Taylor, who should seriously be in rehab and not on reality TV, promises to be just as volatile as any one of the girls at Charm School.

She was already hospitalized on the first episode! Despite similarities to the girls on other VH1 reali-soap operas, the girls on Tough Love actually have a sort of real, genuine quality to them that add a certain intimacy to the show.

Many of the women are actually quite likable, some to the point where one wants them to succeed in finding a man just as much as they themselves do.

Even the trainwrecks seem different from the fame-hungry skanks on Rock of Love and the Flavor of Love.

Arian and Taylor both have tragic pasts- Arian was emotionally abused by her father and Taylor had to adopt her 18-month old child- that pull on the heart strings and really offer insight into why they behave the way they do.

Tough Love is great viewing.

It is not only hysterical and hasa great cast, but also offers many tips on dating and how to conduct oneself for both men and women.helping to answer that fateful question of whether one is or isn’t interested and what moves to pull to get them to be.

Tough Love airs on VH1 every Sunday at 10:00 P.M.