Graphic courtesy of Liv Ream; movie flyer from IMDB
In defense of Skinamarink
By Liv Ream, Arts and Entertainment Editor • October 1, 2023
Alternative Spring Break 2023 volunteers in Washington, D.C. Courtesy of Natalie Mowad.
Applications open for Akron’s 2024 Alternative Spring Break
By Taylor Lorence, Correspondent • October 1, 2023
The Northern Cheyenne tribe and community walking the ancient Portage Path from Portage Path CLC to the John Brown Home during a previous years First Peoples Day event. Photo courtesy of Portage Path Collaborative.
UA Holds events in celebration of North American First People’s Day   
By Shananne Lewis, Online Editor • September 28, 2023
White swan on water during daytime photo - Free Uk Image on Unsplash
The Swan's Rapture: a poem
By Emily Price, editor in chief • September 27, 2023
Desperately Seeking an Amazon Fighter, sculpture by Kimberly Chapman
"Easy Prey" art exhibit on display at Myers School of Art
By Taylor Lorence, Reporter, Secretary • September 21, 2023
“On the left, there’s me at work! I received the New Student Orientation “Gold Standard” award alongside 
and at the same time as my friend Gillian.”
Courtesy of Connor VanMaele
Fall 2023 Print Edition: Going the Distance
By Connor VanMaele, Correspondent • September 19, 2023
L to R: Steve Horner, Heather Barhorst, Haley Kuczynski, Shawna Blankenship, Brynley Harris, Jessie Redwine at the Pop-Up Pantry. Image Courtesy of ZipAssist.
ZipAssist Holds Community Resource Fair Tuesday, September 19 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the SU 2nd Floor
By Shananne Lewis, Correspondent • September 18, 2023
Film critic Liv Ream and friend pose for photo (Image via Liv Ream)
My Barbie experience
By Liv Ream, Film Critic • September 17, 2023

Lady Zips on a roll

Matthew Balsinger
Sports Editor

The Mid-American Conference has been a revolving door for the past several weeks, as the Akron Zips are once again on top. Last week, the Lady Zips defeated Eastern Michigan and Miami to advance their record to 16-7.

After starting the season 12-4, the Zips lost three straight games which caused them to lose their first place standing in the MAC and also cast serious doubt on Akron’s ability to compete in the off-season.

The Zips still have considerable hurdles to overcome if they want to be MAC champions this year. The other top-ranked teams in the conference are Toledo and Central Michigan. Akron lost in double digits to both teams, the most embarrassing loss being a 92-69 loss to Central Michigan.

Despite these regretful losses, there is still considerable potential left in this season for the Zips. Akron still leads the MAC in overall scoring offense, assists and 3-point field goal percentage. The weakest spot for the Zips is defense, where they are ranked dead last in the conference.

As it stands this week, the Lady Zips are on their way to receiving the top spot in the conference tournament for the MAC East division. This possesses considerable benefits because the top teams in each division will be given a bye in the first round of the conference tournament, which gives the team extra time to prepare for tournament play.