Campus community provides support during finals week

” During this week and finals week, the university will offer several programs and activities to both the studious and the more procrastinating students. For students wanting a head start, Bierce library will be open extended hours starting this week. As in the past, the library, with the help of Student Orientation and Dining Services, will also offer free coffee from 5 p.”

During this week and finals week, the university will offer several programs and activities to both the studious and the more procrastinating students.

For students wanting a head start, Bierce library will be open extended hours starting this week. As in the past, the library, with the help of Student Orientation and Dining Services, will also offer free coffee from 5 p.m until 1 p.m. on Dec. 6 and from 8:30 p.m. until 1 p.m. Dec. 7-9.

ZPN will not offer any programs during finals week, but will hold their End of Semester Celebration Dec. 2 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 8-11 p.m. The event will feature free food and prizes to students with a Zip Card.

Diane Fashinpaur, director of health services, offers these tips to students to help them survive finals week:

Students should eat nourishing, balanced meals. A brain that is well-fed will be better prepared to meet final exams ‘head-on,’ Fashinpaur said.

Students need at least 7-8 hours of sleep to study effectively and be test ready.

Caffeine should be used moderately. Caffeine overload can increase anxiety.

While studying for long periods of time, students should take frequent study breaks. Your brain will appreciate a five-minute to 10-minute periodic rest and come back to studying refreshed and ready to go, Fashionpaur said.

The Residence Hall Program Board will host its annual Pancake Study Break on Dec. 7 from 9-11 p.m. at Robertson Dining Hall.