Highland Square Offers Eclectic Stores

“Sibling duo Robyn and Adam Yuratovac display styles which flawlessly blend impeccable taste and vintage-inspired apparel. It’s no surprise that their boutique, Revival, exhibits those same qualities. In 2004 they opened Revival in Akron’s Highland Square district as strictly a resale store, selling their own personal wardrobes along with articles they recovered from thrift stores.”

Sibling duo Robyn and Adam Yuratovac display styles which flawlessly blend impeccable taste and vintage-inspired apparel. It’s no surprise that their boutique, Revival, exhibits those same qualities.

In 2004 they opened Revival in Akron’s Highland Square district as strictly a resale store, selling their own personal wardrobes along with articles they recovered from thrift stores. Four years of business has evolved the store, and today Revival stocks high-fashion designer labels along with local brands and resale items.

We like to find things that are more fashion forward than the typical mall store, Adam said.

Revival purchases vintage, new and designer items from the public nearly every day.

Right next door is Square Records, which sells a diversified selection of magazines, records, compact discs and music DVDs. The two stores complement each other nicely, and frequently tend to draw the same crowd.

Music drives fashion and fashion drives music to some degree, speculated Yuratovac as he described the kinship between the two stores and his own record-junkie tendencies.

Although the store specializes in vinyl, the localmusic scene has found a friend in Square Records. Creatively packaged local CDs are usually misleading, but amusing to purchase on impulse.

The eclectic neighborhood of Highland Square has provided a unique network of culture, art and music which is unparalleled- but often overshadowed by the developing downtown area.

This neighborhood is easy to just drive through, Adam continued, but [we felt] there was an energy here that could eventually turn into something and we wanted to be part of it.

Fortunately for Revival and Square Records, the trendy will always be among us.