Show you care without the help from holidays

“Another fake holiday has passed us by. No one actually benefits from it. It doesn’t make sense that we care so much on just a particular day. Earth Day, Arbor Day and Flag Day-it seems like there’s nothing that we won’t celebrate. Retailers are banking on our interest in formal celebrations to sell us recyclable bags with mother earth on it or flags and sparklers near the fourth of July.”

Another fake holiday has passed us by. No one actually benefits from it.

It doesn’t make sense that we care so much on just a particular day.

Earth Day, Arbor Day and Flag Day-it seems like there’s nothing that we won’t celebrate.

Retailers are banking on our interest in formal celebrations to sell us recyclable bags with mother earth on it or flags and sparklers near the fourth of July.

Don’t forget Black Friday because retailers are already stocking up for it.

Sweetest Day and Valentine’s Day have been sometimes referred to as concocted by the candy industry, retailers and anyone else trying to make a buck off of love, gratitude and thankfulness.

There seems to be a pattern going on here, and the only ones benefiting from these holidays are businesses.

There should be no reason why we should be all caught up in waiting until a particular day to show someone that we care.

No one really needs to wait until Labor Day or Veterans Day to show gratitude towards the soldiers.

Buying cards, balloons and little gifts that would eventually be forgotten and thrown away doesn’t necessarily mean that is the best way of showing gratitude and love towards them.

Help a retired veteran in the neighborhood by raking their leaves.

Now that’s showing gratitude in its purest form.

Forgetting a holiday or putting any meaning to it, will-in the end, just let people down.

Stop bothering with such formalities, and if you want to show appreciation then show it.

Every day tell him or her how much they mean to you in creative ways.

Sending a Father’s Day card in middle of March will have more of an impact on your dad than anything else because it wasn’t forced in the month of June.

Make your granny a card, like the way you did when you were five and watch her eyes light up when she opens it.

Maybe you forgot about your sweetie on Sweetest Day.

This popular holiday in the northern U.S. is now known as a day to show love to the man in your life, but men probably don’t care about candy and flowers.

Ask any man whether he wants flowers and candy or to spend some quality time, and the latter will always win.

There are several ways to get your lover’s attention every day, not just when you feel it’s necessary.

No one likes forced love anyway.

The next time a fake holiday comes, remember that showing love, thankfulness or gratefulness should be a daily habit.