Underoath's new album impresses

” Lost/in/the/Sound/of/Seperation, Underoath’s 11 track, 43 minute, newly released CD, could go down as one of their best. Their alternative in-your-face style has stayed consistent, but they mix it mixed up with more screaming and nicely done guitar and drum parts.”

Lost/in/the/Sound/of/Seperation, Underoath’s 11 track, 43 minute, newly released CD, could go down as one of their best.

Their alternative in-your-face style has stayed consistent, but they mix it mixed up with more screaming and nicely done guitar and drum parts.

Underoath consists of six very talented, young men from Tampa , Fl.

They’ve sold over a million copies of their first three albums, and great things are expected to come from this one that was released Sept.2, 2008.

Despite the fact that they are a Christian band, they widely attract both Christian and non-Christian fans and usually make appearances at The Warped Tour.

This Christian band has toured with bands such as Slipknot, Chiodos and Cannibal Corpse.

Not only do these guys make songs that appeal to almost any person that listens to the Screamo, Emo and Experiemental genres, but they have a lyrical base that is both meaningful and inspirational.

Their previous album, Define the Great Line, which was a reputable album in itself, had unique combinations of sounds and lyrics that sounded like chaos turned into melodious songs. Lost/in/the/Sound/of/Seperation is everything that Define the Great Line was and more. Desperate Time, Desperate Measure, which is their first single and video for the new album, has played on MTV and Fuse. Not only does this song display the talents that these six guys but it’s a perfect song to listen to when you’re having a bad day. So in other words, when trying to find a parking space on campus, this CD would be ideal to keep in the car to aide in venting your frustrations. The edginess that most of their fans cling to is presented perfectly in their song The Only Survivor Was Miraculously Unharmed, which message is clear, given the song title.

Head banging, catchy song titles and tap your feet to the beat are all perfect way to describe Underoath’s CD.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure it out, but the way these guys can put together a CD should tell you it’s a purchase worth making.

And if you don’t believe me, then check out their Myspace or Purevolume page for reassurance that Underoath really is as good as it gets in the mainstream Alternative Screamo/Emo world.