Seether set to play E.J. Thomas Hall Friday

“Seether and Theory of a Dead Man are coming to E.J. Thomas Hall on Friday Sept. 12. Both bands have hit singles that are burning up the airwaves of most rock and alternative rock stations across the country. Around the year 2000, Seether started up as a small grunge band based out of South Africa, originally called Saron Gas (a deadly nerve gas), and played at The University of Cape Town.”

Seether and Theory of a Dead Man are coming to E.J. Thomas Hall on Friday Sept. 12. Both bands have hit singles that are burning up the airwaves of most rock and alternative rock stations across the country.

Around the year 2000, Seether started up as a small grunge band based out of South Africa, originally called Saron Gas (a deadly nerve gas), and played at The University of Cape Town. Saron Gas was then signed to Wind-Up Records and was asked to change their controversial name, which they did, thus Seether was born. Seether finally made it into the USA music scene in 2002 when their second CD, Disclaimer, dropped with their hit single Fine Again. The Disclaimer album was then reworked spawning Disclaimer II, which had the Top 20 hit Broken. Since then, the band has been growing in popularity. In 2005 they released Karma and Effect, which featured hit singles such as Remedy and The Gift. The band’s latest album Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces is a hit as well. The new disc has had several hit singles, such as Fake It and Rise above This. It seems there is almost no stopping this Rock-n-Roll powerhouse band on their road to success.

Touring with Seether is Theory of a Dead Man. Theory of a Dead Man’s band members are from Delta, British Colombia, and Canada. Theory of a Dead Man released their first self-titled album in 2002. They were originally signed by Nickelback’s lead singer Chad Kroeger to 604 Records. The bands lead singer (Tyler Connolly) helped Kroeger and lead singer of Saliva, Josey Scott, on the single Hero for the Spider-Man movie soundtrack. Theory of a Dead Man won the Juno Award for New Group of the Year in 2003. In 2005 Theory of a Dead Man released their second album Gasoline. In 2008 Theory of a Dead Man released their third album Scars & Souvenirs which has the new hit single Bad Girlfriend. Theory of a Dead Man is starting to become a major contender in the rock universe.

Opening for both Seether and Theory of a Dead Man is Black Stone Cherry. Black Stone Cherry is a rock group from Edmonton, Kentucky. They officially got together in June 2004. These three powerhouse rock bands will be putting on a great show which will be one of the best concerts of the year at E.J. Thomas. The starting time is 7:00p.m.; tickets can be purchased at the Info office of the Student Union, E.J. Thomas Hall, and TicketMaster.com. The tickets are only $20 for University of Akron students and $25 for general admission.