Righteous Kill kills box office

“Righteous Kill, starring Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino, was released 12 days ago to minimal fanfare and low reviews. In 1995 the two played in the movie Heat, but they are more memorable for their appearances in the Godfather. Righteous Kill tells the story of two retired detectives that believe recent murders in the city may be connected to a case they thought was solved years ago.”

Righteous Kill, starring Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino, was released 12 days ago to minimal fanfare and low reviews.

In 1995 the two played in the movie Heat, but they are more memorable for their appearances in the Godfather.

Righteous Kill tells the story of two retired detectives that believe recent murders in the city may be connected to a case they thought was solved years ago.

Unfortunately, this movie’s enormous potential was wasted.

This is due to it’s poor directing, asinine plot and its two illustrious yet fading stars.

Nevermind that its director, John Avnet, has not produced more than two successful movies in his entire career.

With a cast of Curtis 50 Cent Jackson, Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino, Avnet did not come close to his producer Avi Lerner’s objectives and debased his own reputation as a director.

The movie needs a better plot. Perhaps giving it a plot would have helped.

If it included something else besides execution style killings, drugs and beatings, then movie goers could, perhaps, really like this movie.

There was just not enough ins and outs or suspense to qualify this film as a thriller though that is how it’s advertised.

Only when Curtis Jackson was shot, did the movie evoke some sort of emotion from the hushed crowd inside the theater. Still, it was too ordinary.

It fits the tune of other awful thriller movies such as Vantage Point and Saw.

These two extremely good actors lend enough of their own credibility to make this film marginally enjoyable.

That being said, this remains a poor picture.

The storyline is fairly weak, however, with plenty of gunfire, internal affairs investigations, drug dealings and assassinations, it suffices if you wish to be mindlessly entertained for little more than an hour of baiting and switching.

It’s sad that these two legendary talents were wasted on such a forgetful film.