Local musicians debut CD 'On Fire'

“Flowers in Flames came together in 2006 with the hopes of creating a fresh, new spin on the ’80s postpunk genre. CollectivelyFlowers in Flames is influenced by the likes of alternative/goth band Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, The Velvet Underground, Joy Division and ’80s cult band The Cure.”

Flowers in Flames came together in 2006 with the hopes of creating a fresh, new spin on the ’80s postpunk genre.
CollectivelyFlowers in Flames is influenced by the likes of alternative/goth band Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, The Velvet Underground, Joy Division and ’80s cult band The Cure.
Though they find inspiration from the ’80s post punk movement, Flowers in Flames officially brands themselves as a post-punk/gothic/psychedelic band from Northeast Ohio area.
Flowers in Flames describes their sound as textured…we have taken an ’80s post punk foundation and gave it a cutting edge sound, F.I.F.’s vocal/guitarist Dave said.

Since their decision to join forces, Dave (vocals and guitar), Cindy (vocals, keyboard, and guitar), Mary (Bass) and John (Drums) have performed live with local indie rock band Mr. Gnome from Cleveland, folk/pop/punk band Ruby on the Vine from New York and Akron’s own Full Wave Rectifier.
Even though F.I.F. is currently unsigned and flying solo without a record label, they remain optimistic and foresee a signing in their future.
After listening to a few songs on their MySpace page, it is clear that F.I.F.’s music will play a huge part in today’s music obsessed society.
In fact, with Flowers in Flames upcoming release of their self-titled debut album it wouldn’t be surprising if they are signed by the holidays.
Flowers in Flames debut album features 10 tracks, five of which are available on Myspace.com/Flowersinflames.
F.I.F.’s admiration of The Cure is definitely showcased in their epic MySpace EP, especially in Track 4 Last Days.
Robert Smith, frontman of The Cure, should definitely feel flattered.
Don’t get the wrong idea though, F.I.F.’s style isn’t completely Cure-esque.
In fact, their sound is impossible to put into one category.
Though there are certain parts in their demo that sound reminiscent of the legendary band, Flowers in Flames’ sound is unique,
This Saturday, Oct. 18, Flowers in Flames is scheduled to play all songs from their debut album at Square Records on W Market St. at 7p.m. for free.
Previous F.I.F. shows are known to be animated and lively the strobe lights and fog machines accentuate their composition.
Flowers in Flames self-titled debut album will soon be made available on cdbaby.com, and will be available at the Square Records show this Saturday at 7p.m.