Local bar specializes in martini's

“Many times in movies it is common to hear people say they have to go to the office. This usually means that they have to complete some sort of important work or decipher some code to save the world. However, with The Office of North Akron, it is much the opposite of manual labor.”

Many times in movies it is common to hear people say they have to go to the office.

This usually means that they have to complete some sort of important work or decipher some code to save the world.

However, with The Office of North Akron, it is much the opposite of manual labor.

In many ways it is really what an Office should be.

Not exactly the run of the mill bar around Akron, The Office offers a stylish environment to those looking to expand their intoxication horizons.

In its essence The Office is a die-hard martini bar, so for those of you who know this more luxurious form of drink, it is a prime location to get some olives and alcohol in your system.

On the other hand, if you have never had the pleasure of enjoying such decadent liquor treat this would be the spot to do your best James Bond impersonation

The bar itself contains over 24 different kinds of Vodka so it should not be difficult to find a particular martini to quench the springtime thirst.

They sell what they call a mini-martini at $4 and the Grande martini for $7.50, and for such an exquisite beverage it is really quite a deal.

Also, they have six different beers on draft always available during business hours.

Perhaps the most intriguing item in this martini bar is the bottle of Absente they have in the stock of their alcoholic arsenal.

Most, if not all, people have heard of Absinth, the alcohol that has been outlawed and is much of what constitutes alcoholic lore.

This liquor they have is the refined version of Absinth, but it packs just as much of a punch as its cousin.

Not to be ill-prepared for such a beautiful drink, they have all the tools to ingest it properly, with the chilled tap to slowly pour the Absente over sugar and create one of the most provocative drinks in existence.

It has a taste of black licorice without the bite of deer blood that you normally get with Jager.

It truly is something that you must experience for yourself, because the only other way to get this drink is to order it online or take a trip overseas, and considering the budgets of most college students this is usually impossible.

One of the better things about The Office is that they open at 11 a.m. everyday except Sunday.

So, with the warm weather starting to stay constant those midday trips to the bar will be much easier when that bar you go to is actually open.

Also, The Office has a second section called The Bistro where you can get a succulent meal to accompany your sinfully good martini or Absente.

One down side to this bar is that you may need a reservation to get a dish of food on Friday or Saturday’s because being such a magnificent establishment they do get their share of high-roller clients.

Another is that Monday through Thursday the joint is open only until 11 p.m., but when you slide in for an afternoon buzz there is really no need to hang out till the wee hours of the morning.

All things considered, this is surely a place that requires the attention of anyone who considers themselves a smooth undercover agent or just a connoisseur of various liquors.

At The Office we can all pretend to be either and likely get away with it.

In case you need a boost to your martini knowledge, as always the best way to have a martini is of course, shaken; not stirred.