OUR VIEW – Parking ticket system flawed

“How many times have you left a building, walked out to your car and found a ticket sitting on the windshield of your car? Chances are, if you park at the meters on campus, this happens often. The problem is when the meter runs out 10 seconds before you get to your car and you see the parking attendant walking away.”

How many times have you left a building, walked out to your car and found a ticket sitting on the windshield of your car?

Chances are, if you park at the meters on campus, this happens often.

The problem is when the meter runs out 10 seconds before you get to your car and you see the parking attendant walking away. After pleading to get your ticket taken back.

However, getting a parking meter ticket taken back is as likely as Bierce Library getting carpet that isn’t from 1970.

We think if you make it back to your car with the parking attendant still in sight from your car, the ticket should be taken back. But, that will never happen because it is too conveinient for students.

Besides, the university just passed a five percent increase on housing, and four percent increase on dining. If parking tickets aren’t bad enough, your food and housing bills are about to go up too.

Students can’t catch a break when it comes to financial instances at UA. Not only do we have to pay for unneeded parking tickets, but now Sizzlin’ Zone hamburgers are going to be around eight dollars.

Kudos, UA. Kudos.