OUR VIEW: Love the weather, for now

“We always write about the weather, usually to vent about the seemingly unending string of snow, which makes the walk to class more of a chore than the actual class period. Unfortunately, we can’t help it. This is Akron, Ohio, where one day it’s summer and the next we’re searching for the winter coat that’s buried in the closet.”

We always write about the weather, usually to vent about the seemingly unending string of snow, which makes the walk to class more of a chore than the actual class period.

Unfortunately, we can’t help it. This is Akron, Ohio, where one day it’s summer and the next we’re searching for the winter coat that’s buried in the closet.

This winter seemed particularly brutal.

While the cold, snow and dreariness come with every year, this one also failed to include any bit of sunlight. It’s hard to recall two consecutive sunny days this winter.

So when the snow thankfully ceases and the weather yields a glimpse into upcoming months, it almost seems to make every aspect of life better, or at least more bearable.

The weather this week has been absolutely perfect.

Teachers are in good moods, walking to classes suddenly becomes an enjoyable activity, and summer doesn’t seem like a far-off dream. In fact, it seems summer, or at least late spring arrived in Northeast Ohio during the weekend and won’t leave.

Don’t get used to it, though. Five straight days of sunshine – we’re just about ready to forget our last few months of hell and rename the state El Dorado.

And then snow.

That’s right, snow is in the forecast for Saturday.

Forget it.

The weather in Ohio is never perfect.