Chevelle, Finger Eleven rock E.J.

“Chevelle came with special guests Finger Eleven and God or Julie to the University of Akron’s E. J. Thomas Hall Tuesday and rocked the building down to its foundation. E. J. Thomas seemed filled almost to its total capacity, from the ground floor to the 3rd floor few seats were left empty.”

Chevelle came with special guests Finger Eleven and God or Julie to the University of Akron’s E. J. Thomas Hall Tuesday and rocked the building down to its foundation.

E. J. Thomas seemed filled almost to its total capacity, from the ground floor to the 3rd floor few seats were left empty.

The concert was originally scheduled to be held in March but was postponed until April 8th.

The concert at E. J. Thomas didn’t have the usual concert feel.

Although there were no mosh pits and everyone had a designated seat, that didn’t stop the spectators from letting loose.

I won the tickets from ZPN and was really excited to hear that Chevelle and Finger Eleven were coming to Akron, Nolon Laporte said.

I was ecstatic when I heard Chevelle and Finger Eleven were performing in Akron, Frank Iannacchione said. Especially when the tickets were only 20 bucks.

The show kicked off with a lesser known band called God or Julie.

God or Julie consisted of four band members: two guitarists (one who is also the lead singer), a bass player, and a drummer.

They played with the new age rock style that went very well with the musical theme of the night.

When the first note of night screamed through the speakers and the lead singer started to sing everyone in attendance knew they were in for a good show.

God or Julie’s lead singer expressed how glad they were to be in Akron and even asked where the keggers were being held after the concert which elicited a good response from the crowd.

The music was soulful yet very upbeat and went over very well with the audience.

Overall, God or Julie was an excellent opener for Chevelle and Finger Eleven.

Finger Eleven was the next band to hit the stage.

Finger Eleven pulled out all the stops and let loose with their music and the crowd grew louder with each passing note.

Many in attendance first fell in love with Finger Eleven’s first chart topping hit One Thing. When Finger Eleven played it the roof was almost blown off.

Finger Eleven also played some new songs off their next album.

One of the new songs played was their latest hit Paralyzer, which they added a twist by running it into the melody of Take Me Out and Another Brick in the Wall, drawing an amazing response from the crowd.

The last band to perform was the headliner, Chevelle.

The crowd was pumped and so was the band.

Chevelle made sure they were not upstaged by any of the previous acts.

They played a mix of songs from their older albums and their newest release.

My personal favorite of their set was The Red, which everybody in E. J. Thomas sang along with, much to the delight of the band.

Chevelle put on a great show that capped off the night. All the spectators left E. J. Thomas with their ears ringing, hearts pumping and the memory of all the bands amazing performances still racing through their heads.

” #1.1361075:411547251.JPG:_MG_2690.JPG:Finger Eleven performing on stage at E.J. Thomas Hall Tuesday night.:Melissa Dunfee”