Finals aren’t ‘ruff’ with WAGtime dogs

By Jamie Coppers, Writer

As finals week quickly approaches, sleep-deprived students’ stress levels rise. To offer relief, Bierce Library is bringing back dogs for WAGtime.

The animals are courtesy of Summa Health System. They will bring multiple therapy dogs to campus the week before finals to help decrease stress levels among students.

According to The National Animal Service Registry, therapy dogs act as a constant friend and companion to their owners and, ultimately, help them cope with their emotional issues.

A different pair of dogs will be in the lobby of  Bierce from Monday, May 2 until Thursday, May 5 from 12 p.m. until 2 p.m. However, on Wednesday, May 3, the dogs will be available from 1 p.m. until 3 p.m.

In addition, Bierce will be open late until 1 a.m. starting the week of May 2 until Thursday, May 12. Bierce will also provide free coffee, coloring, donuts and much more during the week.

UA senior Grace Finn said,  “During finals I feel overwhelmed and stressed. It is so nice to be able to stop into the library with my friends to take a break from studying. I am huge animal lover and petting the dogs gives me an instant relief. I feel like I am back at home with my own dogs. I can’t wait to see them again this semester.”

For additional information stop by the front desk of Bierce Library.