Don't hesitate to rebuild your city

“Have you ever thought about the amount of time you spend waiting, at a red light, in line or for your food to get done? Think about it: our whole life is composed of an indefinite waiting room, whether we are waiting for that particular job, or for most of you reading this, waiting to receive your degree.”

Have you ever thought about the amount of time you spend waiting, at a red light, in line or for your food to get done? Think about it: our whole life is composed of an indefinite waiting room, whether we are waiting for that particular job, or for most of you reading this, waiting to receive your degree.

Even when focusing on relationships, there are always guys waiting for the right girl to come along, or ladies waiting on their man to pop the question.

There is a story of a man who heard about the city where his fathers had lived before him, which had been reduced to ruins.

He grew upset when he heard the news and he felt obligated to return and rebuild the city. Though he wished to leave, his commitment to continue working under a powerful leader kept him from accomplishing his goal.

Many months passed and one day he came to work with a long face. The leader noticed and asked him why he was sad without being ill, and he replied by explaining to him what had happened.

The leader then asked him what he needed, and without hesitation he gave him a straight forward answer, explaining to him how long he would be gone and what materials he would need. The leader used his power and equipped the man with everything he needed.

What did that story have to do with waiting?

Good question.

You see, the man in the story did not waste time while waiting for the opportunity to accomplish his goal. You can never know when that door will open, and just like most he had to wait a long time for it to happen.

Whatever it is you’re possibly waiting for, stay focused on what it is that you want to accomplish. It is important to stay prepared for whatever life has in store for you. You mustn’t spend your free time wasting away, either on the couch or out every night partying.

It is revolting how many hours the average person spends watching television or playing video games. Mindless entertainment such as these has plagued American society and is resulting in people becoming more ignorant and less productive.

We should all know by now what kinds of harm vegetating in front of the boob tube can do to us, without mentioning the good that we could have been doing instead of watching that seven hour marathon of The Hills.

The partying needs its rightful place on a student’s list of priorities. A social life is important, but there are much more important things in life than blacking out from drinking all night. Limiting yourself and showing self-discipline can be hard, but getting ahead in life isn’t easy. Life comes down to your choices.

Every decision that you make will affect your performance. This doesn’t just relate only to school work either; relationships require hard work and dedication as well.

If you don’t put forth any effort into your relationships they will dwindle. Do you think your girlfriend likes coming over and watching you play Halo?

Now when you find yourself waiting, sit back and take a look at your own life. See what it is that needs the most improvement, and take the time to work on it.

This way of self-improvement can lead to great things. Life is what you make of it, so make it good.