Bring on the holiday season

“Well, Halloween is over, and I can’t say it was different than any other year. Girls scantily clad all over the place and boys dressed as superheroes or pimps. Boys, get real, and girls? Next time you should really just cover up that butt of yours; no one wants to see that.”

Well, Halloween is over, and I can’t say it was different than any other year.

Girls scantily clad all over the place and boys dressed as superheroes or pimps. Boys, get real, and girls?

Next time you should really just cover up that butt of yours; no one wants to see that.

But now that the holiday season has been officially kicked off, I’m preparing for tons of turkey, stuffing and cookies.

While everyone celebrates, or doesn’t celebrate at all, different holidays, the chances are you’ll consume more food during this period.

I mean, hey, I think almost everyone has that friend whose grandma makes ridiculous amounts of holiday cookies and gives them to your friends who passes the holiday cheer onto you.

So you’re probably wondering, how exactly can I be somewhat of a glutton and not gain the extra weight?

For starters, you know all of that amazing Halloween candy that’s floating around everywhere?

Eat one piece and give the other three to the person next to you.

You’ll make a friend and avoid excess calories. Brilliant.

It’s common sense that the more calories you eat, the more physical activities you need to do.

So, when parking on campus, park as far away as possible from your class.

This way, you may be able to actually find a parking space and you won’t get mistaken for Santa Claus after you get that fabulous red coat at Macy’s.

Another way to escape the weight gain is to limit your portions while partaking in the many holiday feasts.

Skip that third piece of pie and forget that extra serving of mashed potatoes.

But, if the temptation is beckoning you for more, just skip the butter on the bread and opt for corn instead of stuffing.

Small things like that make huge differences.

So when indulging in sweets and pouring on the gravy during the holiday season, remember less is more, but not when it comes to the treadmill.