Macs vs. PCs

“No matter how hard the human race may try, we will never be fully united. We will always have rivalries that separate us. Obama vs. McCain. Browns vs. Steelers. Macs vs. PCs. With the political season finally over (thank goodness!), and the fact that I couldn’t care less about football, we can focus on one rivalry that affects almost every member of the student body.”

No matter how hard the human race may try, we will never be fully united. We will always have rivalries that separate us.

Obama vs. McCain.

Browns vs. Steelers.

Macs vs. PCs.

With the political season finally over (thank goodness!), and the fact that I couldn’t care less about football, we can focus on one rivalry that affects almost every member of the student body.

I’m referring to the Mac vs. PC war.

Everyone has an opinion on which they think is the superior machine.

I, myself, am a Mac person.

I cannot stand PCs.

Everything about them makes me cringe, but two things in particular bother me most.

First they never work correctly.

Don’t get me started on how many times I’ve been writing a paper and the computer freezes.

I’ve lost so many papers throughout my life it’s not even funny.

Alright, I admit, that my lost papers are partially my fault, because I didn’t save them enough.

But still, if I’m spending a large amount of money on something, I shouldn’t have to save a paper every five minute for fear that it could just stop working.

The second thing is PCs overcomplicate simple things. For example a flash drive.

On my Mac I plug in my flash drive and there it is on the screen. Ready to go.

When I use it on a PC I have to go through a bunch of steps before I can access the content I want.

Don’t even get me started with the number of viruses a PC gets even if they are using anti-virus software.

Honestly, I’m not sure why anyone would invest money into a PC.

The only decent thing they can be used for is games, and if I want to play games I’ll use a Nintendo.

But, if you like PCs don’t let this column discourage you from purchasing one.

I wish you the best of luck. And trust me, you’ll need it.