Fall Visit Day Offers Future Students Insight on Campus Life

UA will give high school students a tour of campus.

Visitors partake in Fall Visit Day. (Photo courtesy of The University of Akron)

By Benjamin Bast, Reporter

The University of Akron is hosting “Fall Visit Day” on Nov. 3 for high school students and transfer students planning to continue their education at UA.

Check-in for attendees will begin at 8:30 a.m. and the last activity will end at 1:30 p.m.

This event will begin in the Student Union with a welcome session at 10 a.m.

During the welcome session, guests will learn general information about the University and the application process.

Following the session, students will be dismissed by major of interest. Admissions representatives will escort students and family to locations across campus to hear from academic departments and tour their facilities.

“During Fall Visit Day, guests have the opportunity to attend a Student Services Fair where they can learn about some of our departments on campus such as The Office of Accessibility, Office of Multicultural Development, STEM, Band, Student Life, Athletics, etc,” Shaina Schwartz, assistant director of admissions, said.

Guests will have the opportunity to have lunch on campus or attend the Residence Hall Open House, along with the choice to take a campus tour either during the morning portion of the program or following the academic breakout sessions.  

There will also be the opportunity to attend optional information sessions. These information sessions will be offered for The William Honors College, Scholarships and Financial Aid and Choosing a Major and Career Path.  

“The purpose of our Fall Visit Day is to provide prospective students with a positive experience at UA. The program offers the opportunity for prospective students and their families to gain a lot of valuable information all at once during a visit.” Schwartz said.

More information about Fall Visit Day and registration for the event can be found here.