Our View

“Procrastination is probably the second or first leading cause of GPA mortality on college campuses, with Facebook and other social networking sites as main contributors. It comes out of nowhere and is a silent killer like carbon monoxide only a lot less deadly.”

Procrastination is probably the second or first leading cause of GPA mortality on college campuses, with Facebook and other social networking sites as main contributors.

It comes out of nowhere and is a silent killer like carbon monoxide only a lot less deadly.

The Center for Career Management has been hosting programs to prevent this tragic killer from striking, but it will strike just the same.

We all say that we will catch up over break, but we never end up doing anything of the sort.

Of course not.

Who wants to spend a week off working on stuff for classes? A break should be precisely what it’s name implies.

But when we all get back from break, all of the work that has been put off will still be there waiting for us.

So, take some time and at least make note of what you have to do before you go on break.

If you are way behind in your homework or have a 20 page research paper due a week after you get back, you may want to at least start the thinking process.

No matter how good it sounds, putting everything off until you get back is not a good idea.

But neither is working on class work during your entire break.

Just try to find a balance between doing the work you meant to do and taking a breather.

Remember, that during your week of fun either here in the grey of Ohio or in sunnier locations, there may be a storm of work waiting for you when you get back to classes.