OUR VIEW

“Having two feet of snow fall in Akron the week before most students have mid-terms was defeinitely something none of us on campus planned for. It’s bad enough having to go to class knowing that you have to take a test that has a big impact on you’re final grade, but having to trudge through mounds of snow doesn’t help.”

Having two feet of snow fall in Akron the week before most students have mid-terms was defeinitely something none of us on campus planned for.

It’s bad enough having to go to class knowing that you have to take a test that has a big impact on you’re final grade, but having to trudge through mounds of snow doesn’t help.

With that said, having spring break right around the corner is the perfect way to detach from the school work that occupies so much of our time.

It doesn’t matter where you’re going, it just matters that you don’t have to go to class. And not going to class is never something to complain about; even if you’re not spending your week of vacation on the beach.

The only problem with trying to get away from school work is that sometimes professors assign work to be copleted over break.

If you are one of the unlucky students on this campus that has to do work over break, you have a valid excuse to start complaining.

The whole point of break is to get away from school. There is no reason to assign work over spring break because it defeats the whole point of having time off.

Week after week students have to go to class, do homework, take tests and wonder where all their tuition is going.

That’s why spring break is so important. We leave for a week, forget about school, come back and start the whole process over again.

For seniors, it’s the last time they get a week off for a school break-something that doesn’t happen in the real world- so we encourage all to take adavantage of the week off.