UA Provost named president of Webster University

” University of Akron Provost Beth Stroble has been named as the new President of Webster University in St. Louis. Stroble spent time last month in St. Louis interviewing for the position. When asked how she felt about leaving she said that she was proud of being a Zip and loved her time spent here.”

University of Akron Provost Beth Stroble has been named as the new President of Webster University in St. Louis.

Stroble spent time last month in St. Louis interviewing for the position.

When asked how she felt about leaving she said that she was proud of being a Zip and loved her time spent here.

I feel gratitude for the time spent here as a member of a great leadership team, Stroble said. UA is a dynamic university that is truly engaged with its partners in the community and region. I have been fortunate to work with great colleagues here at UA and the larger community in service of students who are truly exceptional.

Stroble was named as the Provost and Chief Operating Officer in June 2003.

She stated that she was excited for her new position.

I have an opportunity to learn about a new community and institution, to extend my circle of colleagues as I take on a new role serving a new institution, Stroble said. With some excitement I look forward to that new learning and the opportunities to develop and strengthen partnerships in St. Louis and globally in the communities Webster serves.

University of Akron President Luis Proenza shared his congratulations in a message that was sent out to members of the campus community.

I applaud the appointment of Dr. Elizabeth Stroble as President of Webster University in St. Louis, effective July 1, Proenza said. Dr. Stroble has done an exemplary job as both dean of the College of Education, a post she held from 2000-03, and as senior vice president, provost and chief operating officer.

He also highlighted some of the work she has done, giving her credit for the increase in enrollment, her push for of Summit College, the Honors College, the Early College High School and the Medina County University Center, among many others.

Even though she will be at another university she admitted that she will keep an eye on the university.

I will miss the people here and will certainly want to stay in touch as I have with colleagues throughout my life and career, Stroble said. I will always think of UA with affection and pride. And I will watch for what’s next in this institution’s continued successes!

Proenza stated that an interm Provost will fill in between the time Stroble leaves until her replacement is found.

Stroble will report for her first day as president on July 1.