On a more positive note, top bands that are worth a listen

“Since my last column was about songs I dislike, I thought I’d turn the negativity around and list bands that are actually good. First I’ll start with two classics the Beatles and Queen. What can I say? These two bands have timeless songs and continue to reach generation after generation.”

Since my last column was about songs I dislike, I thought I’d turn the negativity around and list bands that are actually good.

First I’ll start with two classics the Beatles and Queen.

What can I say? These two bands have timeless songs and continue to reach generation after generation.

The mark of truly great musicians.

Now, not all good bands are from decades ago, take The Fray for example.

The Fray, combines piano driven songs, with relatable lyrics, to produce wonderfully written songs.

They haven’t had a new CD out recently, but they currently have a newer EP, Acoustic in Nashville- Bootleg No 2 (Live).

Now, if piano driven music isn’t what you enjoy, and you need something a bit more rough, then check out MxPx.

We all need a little punk rock in our lives, and that can be accomplished through them.

These three guys have been around for over 10 years, and are still making wonderful music.Check out their latest CD Secret Weapon (2007).

Alright, my next band you probably already have an opinion on.

Either you love or hate them.

Personally, I love them.

They are the little band that hails from Canton, Ohio, Relient K.

Sure, some of their early songs where a bit cheesy, like, Nancy Drew, but don’t let that affect the view of the band now.

Just listen to their song Deathbed, off of their Five Score and Seven Years Ago Album, and you’ll realize the band is quite talented.

Okay, where would my list be without including the rock band, Switchfoot.

Switchfoot, is a band that has consistantly produced great songs throughout the years. If you’re looking for a new band check them out. You won’t be disappointed.