Skating rinks open in Cuyohoga Falls and Lock 3

“With the cold weather taking over the city of Akron, it won’t be long before snow will be covering the streets. Both the Cities of Akron and Cuyahoga Falls are getting ready for not only the cold, but for the upcoming Christmas season. Lock 3 and Front Street Mall have begun preparing their ice arenas and holiday decorations.”

With the cold weather taking over the city of Akron, it won’t be long before snow will be covering the streets.

Both the Cities of Akron and Cuyahoga Falls are getting ready for not only the cold, but for the upcoming Christmas season.

Lock 3 and Front Street Mall have begun preparing their ice arenas and holiday decorations.

With Akron set to see skating on Nov. 21 and Cuyahoga Falls on the 22, I can’t help but be overjoyed.

A trip down to the ice arena is one that stays with you.

There is nothing better than a trip on the ice followed by a cup of hot chocolate while strolling through the village to see parts of Akron’s history and the German Christmas market.

As someone who grew up figure skating there is nothing like being at an outdoor ice arena at night, during the Christmas season.

If you are looking for a cheap night out with your friends or a great date night try going downtown where the only cost is for skates.

So instead of hibernating inside, take a trip down to the skating rink and enjoy what Akron has to offer this holiday season.

Dont forget to grab a pair of gloves and make sure to dress warm and I will see you on the ice.