Spice up your wardrobe with boutiques

“During my most recent trip to New York City, I re-discovered how amazing little boutiques and not-so -well-known designers really are. Not only do they offer amazing tops, purses and jewelry that can’t be found anywhere else, you can walk away having something that no one else will have.”

During my most recent trip to New York City, I re-discovered how amazing little boutiques and not-so -well-known designers really are.

Not only do they offer amazing tops, purses and jewelry that can’t be found anywhere else, you can walk away having something that no one else will have.

After crawling out of a subway and walking around Bleeker street in Manhattan, my friends and I stumbled upon an amazing store called EDGE*nyNOHO.

Inside were 16 different Indie designers that were a bit pricey, but quite inspiring.

One jewelry designer included Issy Salomon.

Her antique and one of a kind jewelry include ’80s styled necklaces designed with gold and leather wrapped Lucite stones.

If you’re not the type to blow massive amounts of money on jewelry, then no fear, her designs are also offered as costume jewelry perfect for a night out.

A more price-friendly boutique is Francesca’s Collections. One can find uniquely styled and colored hobos, clutches and perfect long-sleeved dresses that aren’t designed just like the one that the girl walking beside you on campus has.

The nearest Francesca’s is located in Rocky River; however, there is a Web site where you can buy Francesca’s collections from your own home. They even offer free shipping with orders over $100.

Forever 21 is a chain store, but is a great place for both guys and girls.

They carry absolutely anything and everything for anyone.

Ranging from punk rock tees to black tie affair dresses, Forever carries something for everyone.

Their clothes, jewelry, coats and shoes are all extremely affordable but designed and made like those of well-known designers.

A local place that you can find random and sometimes vintage items is Revival.

Half of their store includes gently used items that sometimes seem like they walked straight out of a 1970s closet.

So whether you’re in the big apple or the rubber city, a unique wardrobe can be just a click, or drive, away.