The effects of reality TV

” We’re a family and we’re in this together. It might be a crazy life, but it’s our life. This is part of the opening of Jon and Kate plus 8. It may sound sappy, but it is the words and the premise of a new host of reality shows. There is a new trend in these shows, which used to involve, watching people eat bugs and do crazy stunts.”

We’re a family and we’re in this together. It might be a crazy life, but it’s our life. This is part of the opening of Jon and Kate plus 8. It may sound sappy, but it is the words and the premise of a new host of reality shows. There is a new trend in these shows, which used to involve, watching people eat bugs and do crazy stunts. It has now shifted to a whole new spectrum of interest – families and large ones. TLC has taken hold of this genre with several shows on the subject. In fact they devote most of their Monday night schedule to these kinds of shows.

Jon and Kate plus 8, which follows the hectic lives of Jon and Kate Gosselin, their twin daughters Cara and Mady and their sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah and Joel. Also the show 17 Kids and Counting, which is just what the title describes. The Duggar family already has 17 kids (all of whose names start with J) and one is on the way. There is only a single set of twins, and for Michelle Duggar, pregnancy has accounted for more than 12 years of her life. A new show called Twins, Twins, and Sextuplets premiered on Monday night. It focuses on the big Hayes family consisting of two sets of twins and a set of sextuplets.

For those who watch it, they can’t help but find it fascinating to see how these couples parent and manage such large families. It’s like being able to peer in their windows and see what their lives are like, but there have been critics.

Is it possible to provide sufficiently in money and attention for so many children? Are these couples trying to make money off of their kids? Are these people acting? But the biggest question is how does this affect the children? While some believe that these shows will have negative effects on the children and being in front of cameras will affect family function and relationships.

In the case of Jon and Kate Plus 8, you can often see Jon and Kate fighting and arguing. Some say that their disagreements are signs that the show is having negative effects on the family, but really if you have eight kids you are bound to have disagreements. Wouldn’t it be worse for them to act like nothing was wrong; wouldn’t that have a more negative effect? The couple makes it clear that they make the show for their kids benefit. They love all of their children and want to give them all the opportunities they can. Some may question the ways in which they are doing this, but watch the show and you can see they do not use their children for their own gain, but often sacrifice themselves for the good of their family and to give their children all they can.

So while there may not be a clear cut answer on whether or not these shows are a good thing, there are a couple of things for sure. They are entertaining, interesting and those kids sure are cute. But really, if you watch these shows you can tell that they love each other and that is something you cannot fake.