Don't eat that, you'll get fat!

“You’ve all made your New Year’s Resolutions and more than likely some of them include losing weight. It seems everyone is desperate to lose 5,10, even 20 pounds at the beginning of the year. Gym memberships are fresh, as the lettuce and pounds of fruit are in your refrigerator, but when it comes to many people’s weaknesses, fast food, what does one do? The answer is simple, thanks to David Zinczenko, the author of Eat This, Not That, which offers a Kids, Restaurant and the new Supermarket edition.”

You’ve all made your New Year’s Resolutions and more than likely some of them include losing weight. It seems everyone is desperate to lose 5,10, even 20 pounds at the beginning of the year. Gym memberships are fresh, as the lettuce and pounds of fruit are in your refrigerator, but when it comes to many people’s weaknesses, fast food, what does one do?

The answer is simple, thanks to David Zinczenko, the author of Eat This, Not That, which offers a Kids, Restaurant and the new Supermarket edition. Eat This, Not That shows you the healthier option out of two foods, with many that have surprising answers.

The fast food/restaurant/no-diet weight loss solution version shows various food choices that include venues from our very own east coast all the way to California-only restaurants. The book’s main incentive for you, as a consumer, is to forego the cheese and sauces, as they are loaded calories that pack on the fat grams, calories and sodium.

The very beginning of this book, which conveniently fits in your glove box for easy access, shows you the eight foods you should eat every day to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The eight foods include spinach, black beans, yogurt, tomatoes, carrots, blueberries, walnuts and oats. This section tells you various ways to use and/or substitute these foods in recipes and everyday foods that one eats.

There are hundreds of different ways to save hundreds of calories, which in turn, will help you drop the pounds you promised yourself you would lose at the beginning of the year. Buying the book is the ideal way to really grasp how helpful it really is but the fast-food restaurants that scream college student are definitely Chipotle and McDonald’s, and their Eat This, Not That answers are surprising.

When dining at McDonald’s the average person would think choosing a chicken sandwich would be the healthiest option, but in reality, their chicken sandwiches are the most fattening things on the menu. The Premium Grilled Chicken Club at McDonald’s contains a whopping 570 calories. The surprising, healthier choice? The Quarter Pounder without cheese, which has 410 calories. But notice that neither of these items include the fries, so moderation is still encouraged.

College and Chipotle just seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly, especially when it comes to the highly anticipated college ID free burrito day in the fall. But we all know that’s not the only time we visit this delicious, gourmet, fast-food burrito restaurant. So when grabbing a group of friends and heading to the Highland Square Chipotle, which is the closest to campus, order this: Chicken Burrito Bowl with lettuce, black beans, green tomatillo salsa and sour cream, which all together is only 489 calories, and don’t order that: Chicken Burrito with black beans, rice, green tomatillo salsa, cheese and sour cream, which has a staggering 1,092 calories.

If you’re desperate to lose weight, investing in the Eat This, Not That books would be ideal. But, if you’re more into cooking than dining out, the Supermarket version is just as helpful.