YouTube signs deal with major companies

” YouTube, the well known name in online broadcasting and video sharing is attempting to expand their domain. It is in negotiations with Sony Pictures to acquire rights to films. This could include the Spiderman trilogy, Pink Panther and other Sony movies.”

YouTube, the well known name in online broadcasting and video sharing is attempting to expand their domain. It is in negotiations with Sony Pictures to acquire rights to films. This could include the Spiderman trilogy, Pink Panther and other Sony movies.

This deal is an innovative one, and is a move in the right direction for YouTube.

Currently, most of the TV and movie clips that appear on the site are infringements of copyright laws. In the past, the site has done what it could to remedy the illegal content and these negotiations seem to be the best solution.

It is sketchy exactly what the deal will look like between Sony and YouTube, but it will have benefits for both. It would allow many of the clips on YouTube to be legitimate, which means the site will be more respected. It would also allow Sony more exposure and allow them to have their hands in the ever-growing market of online broadcasting.

Both of these companies appear to have a win-win situation. It is nice to see these two companies collaberate.

Disney has also made a deal with the multi-media Web site. Disney licensed clips of shows from different Disney brands. While the Disney deal gives YouTube more territory, the deal with Sony is the elevation YouTube really needs.

Other Web sites already offer full-length movies and TV shows. This is another motivation behind YouTube’s negotiations for different rights.

The deal with Sony could allow YouTube access to Crackle. Crackle is a site similar to YouTube. The site hosts 60 movies as well as several TV shows. This could help YouTube considerably.

These deals signal the change coming: the future of online broadcasting. When a major producer of TV and movies agrees to license right to a Web site, it shows that they realize the future is in online broadcasting. Even back in 2006 Sony realized the potential of online broadcasting when they bought Crackle for $65 million.

These negotiations are significant to the future of online broadcasting, showing a glimpse of what may come. Who knows what will become of the movie and TV show industry in the next 20 years, but it seems like many other media is going online.

YouTube is trying to make its mark and trying to make place for itself in Hollywood as well as on the internet. The video sharing Web site that was created in 2005 has transformed the video industry. It has allowed for individuals to showcase their video making ability, and other talents, as well as allowing movie and TV clips. The deals with Sony and Disney will further expand its territory and solidify its place in the future of online broadcasting.

It will be interesting to see what YouTube is able to do with these new opportunities, and how it will affect the online broadcasting industry as well as the traditional movie and TV industry.