Summer concerts of 2009

“Summer can’t come soon enough. Although I’ll still be taking summer classes this year, I can still look forward to those summer concerts where flip flops and beer runs wild. After finding out that Projekt Revolution, Linkin Park’s annual summer tour, was going to be taking place in Europe instead of America, I decided to venture out in summer-concert land and find concerts that could replace my usual Blossom Music Center fun.”

Summer can’t come soon enough. Although I’ll still be taking summer classes this year, I can still look forward to those summer concerts where flip flops and beer run wild. After finding out that Projekt Revolution, Linkin Park’s annual summer tour, was going to be taking place in Europe instead of America, I decided to venture out in summer-concert land and find concerts that could replace my usual Blossom Music Center fun.

Incubus

With Incubus being on my Top 10 bands to see before I die list, as are the rest of the bands listed, I was obviously thrilled when I heard that they would be coming out with a new greatest hits record and touring. Their album, Monuments and Melodies is set for release June 16, and can be pre-ordered through their Website www.enjoyincubus.com. By buying the album, you automatically qualify for a concert ticket pre-sale to your choice of locations on their tour. The ever so handsome lead singer Brandon Boyd, and the rest of the guys from Incubus will grace Cleveland’s Time Warner Amphitheater with their presense July 29. Ticket prices have not yet been announced.

Kings of Leon

The rockin’ band from Tennesse, Kings of Leon, who is known well for their hit single Sex on Fire, will be touring the U.S. starting this Saturday. Their album, Only By The Night, which was released September 2008, was also the biggest selling digital album in the UK. They have been on the cover of Billboard magazine, recently won a grammy and are one of the greatest rock bands of our generation, in my opinion. They will also be at the Time Warner Amphitheater in Cleveland May 13. Tickets are pricey at $42 per person for general admission, but it’s a guaranteed to be an amazing show.

Rise Against

It’s apparent that with new albums, come new tours. Rise Against released their album, Appeal to Reason, October 2008. Their upcoming headlining tour kicks off in April, and will include bands Rancid and Billy Talent. This punk band has four albums, and was featured on the Lords of Dogtown soundtrack. Like the bands listed above, they will be performing at the Time Warner Amphitheater in Cleveland on June 15. Tickets are not yet listed for purchase for this date.