Our View

“The University of Akron board of trustees met Monday morning in order to discuss tuition and fees for the upcoming school year. At the meeting it was proposed that tuition for undergraduate students remain the same. If this proposal is passed, tuition will be one less worry for the next year.”

The University of Akron board of trustees met Monday morning in order to discuss tuition and fees for the upcoming school year.

At the meeting it was proposed that tuition for undergraduate students remain the same.

If this proposal is passed, tuition will be one less worry for the next year.

This would be a good thing.

As an undergraduate student, there are a lot of expenses that have to be paid. Everything from books and food to gas for our cars and housing.

Worrying about the university increasing tuition shouldn’t be another financial worry that students have to think about.

It was also proposed that the graduate school tuition be raised 6.6 percent.

The university should think hard about this before passing it. This proposal would be financially difficult for most students, especially during the hard economic times the country is going through.

After raising an additional 100 million dollars, the university should voluntarily freeze tuition in order to acknowledge the current economic hardship.

The university should really look at things this way: if they raise the tuition too high, and students can’t afford it, then they may lose some students. And we’re sure they don’t want that.