Major summer movies to be released

“By Angelica Merritt [email protected] This summer there are a variety of movies coming out that may or may not be a hit. This weekend, the movies Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the previously leaked Hugh Jackman movie, will debut on the big screen.”

By Angelica Merritt
[email protected]

This summer there are a variety of movies coming out that may or may not be a hit.
This weekend, the movies Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the previously leaked Hugh Jackman movie, will debut on the big screen.
Along with those two, the highly anticipated preclude to The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons will also be out in May.
The Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen with Megan Fox and Shia LeBouf and My Sister’s will be the big box-office releases in July.
This weekends release Ghost of Girlfriends Past, stars the typical character that Matthew McConaughey usually plays, the stupid, muscley, typically always has his shirt off guy.
Along with McConaughey in Ghosts of Girlfriends Past is co-star and Ben Afflecks beau, Jennifer Garner.
McConaughey plays Connor, a womanizer who is visited by all of the girls he treated badly.
They take him on an odyssey that shows him how all of his relationships failed. These girls, through their individual journeys of ups and downs, find out how he became the way he was and if there is hope to change him.
This film is rated PG-13.
The movie, X-Men Origins: Wolverine starring Hugh Jackman, also will debut May 1.
This film, which is obvious in its title, tells the origins of where Wolverine came from and the journeys he endured.
This film is rated PG-13.
Ryan Reynolds, Lynn Collins, Danny Huston and Taylor Kitsch also star in this film.
Tom Hanks will star in the best-selling book, made movie, Angels & Demons, that will come out in theaters May 15.
Angels & Demons, which is the prequel to The Da Vinci Code, is set at an earlier time than The Da Vinci Code, and involve giving clues to Hanks, who plays Robert Langdon an American symbologist.
These clues lead Langdon on a series of events that involve an international conspiracy against the Catholic Church.
This film is rated PG-13.
The Proposal stars Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock and is set for release June 12.
When Bullock’s character Margaret may be deported back to Canada, she claims she’s engaged to her convienently hot assisstant Andrew, who Reynolds plays.
The two find themselves in comical situations while they prepare for an impromtu wedding.
This film is rated PG-13.
The last major release for the summer is Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
This film will open up on the big screen July 24, and is the sequel to the box-office toper Transformers.
Much of the original cast re-appears in this sequel including Megan Fox, Shia LaBeouf, Tyrese and Josh Duhamel.
This film is not yet rated.
While, only the major releases were highlighted throughout this article, there are many other movies coming out that may be just as good, if not better.
These other films include: Battle for Terra featuring Evan Rachel Wood, Love N’ Dancing starring Amy Smart, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian starring Ben Stiller and finally, Public Enemies featuring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale.