What are the best food choices on campus?

“Are you craving a good meal at lunchtime but don’t have a lot of cash in your pocket? Well, you’re in luck. The University of Akron has three places on campus where you will get the best bang for your buck and stop those stomach growls. The first campus restaurant is an all you can eat buffet bonanza with food variety for miles.”

Are you craving a good meal at lunchtime but don’t have a lot of cash in your pocket?

Well, you’re in luck.

The University of Akron has three places on campus where you will get the best bang for your buck and stop those stomach growls.

The first campus restaurant is an all you can eat buffet bonanza with food variety for miles.

Rob’s Café is located next to Spanton and Bulger halls and is open from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. on weekdays and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on weekends.

It is $7.99 for an all you eat lunch and it is 25 percent off the original price with the gold meal plan.

The buffet includes daily changing home style, bongo, and salad bar lines; the pizza and taco bars are also available everyday.

The second place on campus usually has a line of students stretching out toward the hallway as they wait to get their hands on a 12-inch submarine sandwich for only $5.

Subway is located on the second floor of the Student Union and is open from 7 a.m.-8 p.m.

Subway has 12 different varieties of foot long subs that you can get for $5 and value meals are $7.35 and include either chips or cookies and a bottle or fountain drink.

It is the best place to eat on campus because it’s fresh food made in front of you and it’s filling for a reasonable price, Amie Zarrelli, the assistant general manager of the Student Union Subway, said.

The third restaurant on campus doesn’t have the fan fare of the neighboring Subway but certainly gives students a good portion of food at a fair rate.

Sizzling Zone is located on the second floor of the Student Union and is open from 8 a.m.-7 p.m.

Sizzling Zone has it’s own version of a value meal for only $3.99 which includes any half wrap, chips, and a drink.

We are beating Subway’s $5 deal, Kevin Conaway, a first year graduate student and student manager of Sizzling Zone said with a confident smile. It’s a full meal that is cheaper than any other meal on campus.

Whether you want an all you can eat buffet, a scrumptious foot long sub or an inexpensive value meal with chips and a drink, it can all be found at The University of Akron.

So when hunger strikes, put an end to it without even leaving campus.