Addictions overcome by willpower

“A person’s strengths are evident in many things throughout their lives, but there always tends to be at least one thing that one falls back on, even though logic tells them otherwise. While some may lead you to believe only a few people suffer from this kind of dependency, the truth is we all suffer from some form of addiction, and it needs to be stopped.”

A person’s strengths are evident in many things throughout their lives, but there always tends to be at least one thing that one falls back on, even though logic tells them otherwise.

While some may lead you to believe only a few people suffer from this kind of dependency, the truth is we all suffer from some form of addiction, and it needs to be stopped.

Humans seem to have an addictive nature, whether it is to caffeine or the computer.

These addictions are common and not very harmful.

However there are more dangerous addictions that one can fall into.

A bad relationship is an example of this.

The dangers of this addiction can be seen in a comparison between an addiction to nicotine and a bad relationship.

As you begin smoking cigarettes for the first time, you experience a euphoria described sometimes as a nicotine buzz, just as you experience euphoria when you first begin spending time with someone you feel strongly attracted to, leading to infatuation.

After a while, the buzz goes away and you move toward the stage where you are no longer smoking in order to experience a feeling but to fill the body’s desire for a stimulant.

In a relationship, people feel comfort when they are together because they have created a familiarity with each other.

This feeling exists because they have created a position, or void, that only the significant other can fill.

You soon realize that the use of tobacco is harmful and that it is imperative for you to quit if you want to live a long and healthy life.

Though, for some reason millions of people, despite understanding the consequences, continue to smoke.

This is mainly because they are unable to quit.

Even when they do quit, the withdrawl symptoms become too severe and they find themselves falling back on a thing they consciously know is bad.

Just as a relationship becomes unhealthy, many people in a bad relationship find themselves unable to end it.

Their inability to end a relationship even when they have come to the conclusion that they no longer desire to go on with it indicates an addiction.

When a relationship is over many people experience what is referred to as heartbreak, this would be withdrawl from the both the physical and the psychological dependencies.

The chemical addiction can be described as the hormones released when in the company of the other.

The problem with people is that they don’t have enough willpower to say no to things that are harmful because they cause pleasure.

This is a major problem in today’s society.

It is imperative that people realize that their addictions need to be stopped instead of just experiencing instant gratification and suffering negative consequences.

There is a tool to combating these negative addiction, though.

This is through self-discipline. Moderation is key, and the ability to look logically at something without the influence of emotion can be hard, but is important throughout a person’s life.

The next time a person who has an addiction crosses your path, look at yourself before passing judgment.

What self-destruction might you be consciously doing without the ability to refrain?