Love, laughter take stage

” Young adults attend college to become successful. Many are looking for more than just a career and financial success, however. They’re looking for love. It is a common belief that college is one of the best places to find that special someone- a soul mate or a potential spouse.”

Young adults attend college to become successful.

Many are looking for more than just a career and financial success, however.

They’re looking for love.

It is a common belief that college is one of the best places to find that special someone- a soul mate or a potential spouse.

However, there is much more to it than most people realize.

Grant Edmonds, of Joey Edmonds Presents, will be performing his popular act, Love G.E.A.R.S. at the University of Akron on Monday.

Dennis Campbell, Greek events chair for ZPN, met Edmonds at NACA last year.

He was exactly what I was looking for as a speaker on love and relationships, Campbell said.

Edmonds, 30, has been with Joey Edmonds Presents for 6 years. The company prides itself on presenting unique comedy shows throughout thousands of different college campuses.

The company’s Web site describes Love G.E.A.R.S. as an interactive, educational and comedic semi-lecture.

Students learn about themselves and their relationships with others, laughing along the way.

Edmonds will actually have the audience play a series of love-related games with him, hence the word activity in the title.

He will also encourage the audience to share their thoughts on the subject of love. The Web site boasts Love G.E.A.R.S. as a group therapy session, as well as a comedy show.

If I knew half the stuff at your age that I know now about relationships, I would have saved myself a lot of problems…and a lot of therapy! Edmonds is quoted saying on the Web site.

It also lists some of the games that the audience will be playing. These include titles such as The Dating Game, The Couples Game and Ask Guru.

It’s usually most popular around Valentine’s Day, but it’s an all around great show for any time of the year, said Kate Edmonds, the company’s agent.

Edmonds will be teaching concepts that involve learning what type of soul mate fits one best, techniques to overcoming relationship crises, more effective communication and learning about who you really are and what you need from a partner.

On the Web site, Edmonds explains that he is not a psychiatrist or a therapist. He is still learning and making mistakes just like everyone else.

The best part is, I learn from the students as well, so we all teach each other a thing or two during the hour we have together, he is quoted saying on the Web site.

Love G.E.A.R.S. will begin at 8 p.m. in the Student Union Theater on Monday.

Call news writer Bonnie Blum:

330-972-7362

To comment on this story, go to:

https://www.buchtelite.com