Rushing candy overload

“Halloween candy is hitting the shelves already and it isn’t even October. Why are stores putting out these treats earlier and earlier ever year? Because we keep buying them. How can one resist the urge to consume all these goodies? It’s not easy but it’s doable.”

Halloween candy is hitting the shelves already and it isn’t even October.

Why are stores putting out these treats earlier and earlier ever year?

Because we keep buying them.

How can one resist the urge to consume all these goodies?

It’s not easy but it’s doable.

We can, by sheer will power, not buy these pretty packages of sugary goodness.

Highly doubtful considering we are a generation of people that when we want something we simply get it no matter the health risk or cost.

Just type in Halloween candy in a Google search and there are 15,300,000 results.

So, no need to actually get in your car, walk or bike to the neighborhood convenience store.

You can actually have your candy delivered right to your home.

The poet Ogden Nash once said a little dismissively that, Candy, is dandy. But liquor, is quicker.

He didn’t focus or reflect on the health risks of either.

Liquor has just as much sugar in it as most candies.

We are not alone in sugar’s seductive cry to our taste buds nor the effects of it on us.

Healingdaily.com states that in the last 20 years, we have increased sugar consumption in the U.S. by 26 to 135 pounds of sugar per person per year!

Prior to the turn of this century (1887-1890), the average consumption was only five pounds per person per year!

Cardiovascular disease and cancer was virtually unknown in the early 1900s.

Clearly eating these yummy but dangerous sugary creations is not a good thing for our bodies.

Reducing the amount (of sugar) that you consume is probably the first step in lessening your sugar intake which will help your overall health in the long run says Heather Ripley, a recent nursing alum said.

Not buying candy, reducing the amount eaten in one sitting and turning to much healthier options are all really great alternatives to candy overload.

Just do them and watch your waistline get trimmer and your wallet fatter.