Stay classy, UA

“The university is populated with some of the nicest people around. Despite being a large school, the nature of everyone makes the campus have that small town feeling. This extends past the students and onto the staff and faculty. Follow someone through the doors of the Student Union and you’re guaranteed that the door will be held for you.”

The university is populated with some of the nicest people around.

Despite being a large school, the nature of everyone makes the campus have that small town feeling.

This extends past the students and onto the staff and faculty.

Follow someone through the doors of the Student Union and you’re guaranteed that the door will be held for you.

When you’re having a conversation with a friend and someone slides between the both of you, most of the time the person will say excuse me.

Ordering food at Subway and overhearing the person in front of you order, listen to them use please, thank you, yes sir, or no ma’am.

Most people can agree with that.

Almost everyone has had a door held for him or her and at times, it could seem that almost every door is held when someone is closely walking behind.

Most people have heard a person say thank you after receiving their latte.

This is great because it shows that our student body has manners; something most of our parents taught, or attempted, to teach us.

The university should be proud of the thousands of door holders, pleasers and thankers.

It makes us who we are in comparison to some universities.

We stand alone and alone is good.

Don’t fall into the pits of rudeness.

Avoid them at all costs.

When the time comes for that door to be held, or an order to be placed, just remember the people who do the right thing and hold that door or thank the employee for cooking your food.

The payout later in life is excellent.