It's just a concert, chill

“As an avid concert-goer I often find myself surrounded by people I wish weren’t attending the same concert as me. Concert etiquette is something that everyone needs a good lesson in, and if you plan on attending any shows in the near future, or ever for that matter, please keep reading.”

As an avid concert-goer I often find myself surrounded by people I wish weren’t attending the same concert as me.

Concert etiquette is something that everyone needs a good lesson in, and if you plan on attending any shows in the near future, or ever for that matter, please keep reading.

First, before you leave the house to attend your favorite bands concert, make sure you don’t wear the band T-shirt of the band you’re going to see.

That is a big no-no, and you’re wrong if you think you look cool.

Even before you pick out a T-shirt that isn’t that band’s, put on your extra strength deodorant. Load it on. Please.

No one, especially the people you are pressed against in the general standing area of the concert, wants to smell your body odor, or wants your smelly self slammed up next to them.

Being in such close proximity to other people can arise problems and cause annoyances in your fellow concert-goers.

Mouthwash, toothpaste and mints should be your best friend before you run to the spot you’ll stand for hours to listen to music.

Not only do people not want to smell your B.O., but people don’t want to have your disgusting breath being breathed down their necks.

Now, I understand singing along while the band plays hit after hit, but screaming the song into the person’s ears next to you is unwise, and may result in an elbow throw or two.

If you get a dirty look from the people in front of you or beside you while you’re belting out one of your favorite tunes, chances are you should turn the volume down.

And for the ignorant punk who thinks it’s alright to greedily shove your way to the front, stomping on everyone else who waited hours in line: you make me sick.

Most people are nice, and just excited to be at the concert to hear the music.

By politely asking if people will move while you make your way to the front won’t hurt anyone, and will prevent a melee from happening between you and the crowd.

Lastly, if you thought that the person in front of you is standing there so you can rest your arm on their back in between acts, you’ve never been more wrong.

Touching the person in front of you is inevitable if you’re in a general admissions venue/area, but putting your hand on their butt, shoving your hand in their back and running your hand through their hair- yes, that’s really happened to me- are things you should avoid at all costs.

Use your better judgement and most of all, don’t be THAT kid.