Women's soccer set for road trip to Toledo and Bowling Green

“This weekend the Zips will stay in Ohio and take on the Toledo Rockets and the Bowling Green State Falcons. The biggest is that we are on the road again, and we need points on the road and Friday’s game we need to set the tone, Zips Head Coach Chris Pfau said.”

This weekend the Zips will stay in Ohio and take on the Toledo Rockets and the Bowling Green State Falcons.

The biggest is that we are on the road again, and we need points on the road and Friday’s game we need to set the tone, Zips Head Coach Chris Pfau said.

On Friday the Zips will travel to the western part of Ohio to take on the Toledo Rockets (6-4-2), who are currently ranked fourth in the conference.

The Rockets are coming off a win against Ball State with a final score of 4-3. Ali Leak led the offensive attack for the Rockets by scoring two of the Rockets four goals.

Key players to keep an eye out for on the Toledo is Ali Leak who leads the team with four goals, Molly Cornwell leads the team with five assists and shots with 38.

Other players to keep an eye Erin Flyn (three goals), Kristen Lynn (three assists) and Heather Wesley (nine shots).

Goaltender Vicki Traven has 42 saves for the season while backup goaltender Angela Righeimer has eight saves for the season.

Season statistics for the Rockets is 16 goals, 15 assists, 47 points, and 165 shots.

On Sunday the Zips will take on The Bowling Green State Falcons (4-8-1) who are currently ranked eleventh in the conference.

The Falcons are coming off 4-1 loss from last Sunday where they took on the Miami, Ohio Redhawks.

Alicia Almond scored the Falcons only goal on Sunday.

Key players on the Falcons are Alyssa Zuccaro, Megan Amann and Katelyn Turner who lead the Falcons with two goals a piece.

Leah Johnson is one of the team leaders in assists with three.

Starting Goaltender Alexa Arsenault has 52 saves for the season while backups Laura Arnold and Becca Ison had 11 saves each.

Season statistics for the Falcons are 13 goals, 19 assists, 45 points, and 130 shots for the season.

The Zips are currently 10th in the conference with an overall record of 4-6-2.

The Zips starting forwards Rachel Phillip and Britni Back are the teams offensive leaders in goals (2 a piece) and assists (2 a piece).

They should be, they are our forwards and the ones that will get the most chances, Pfau said.

During MAC play Zips goaltender Jeny Wolbert has played every minute of every game so far and leads the team with 44 saves.

The Zips season statistics are eight goals, seven assists, 23 points, and 100 shots.

This weekend the Zips are going to be taking on a very experienced Rockets and Falcons team.

Energy and the desire to prove themselves that we are a good team, Pfau said.

Offensively the Zips have struggled this season but have been improving through MAC play.

We are always trying to improve, we will never settle for where we are at as a team and we want to get even more chances on goal, Pfau said.

The Zips are always looking for ways to improve and this weekend’s games are no different.

We need to finish our chances and on the road you usually don’t get as many chances, so when you do, we need to score, Pfau said.

On Oct. 16 the Zips will return home and take on the Miami, Ohio Redhawks.