Share a laugh with Kevin Bozeman

“As the fall semester moves into full swing, the workloads increase and every Monday through Friday becomes less enjoyable than the last. Every minute of every day seems to be consumed with school and work, and fun seems to become something that only exists on the weekends.”

As the fall semester moves into full swing, the workloads increase and every Monday through Friday becomes less enjoyable than the last.

Every minute of every day seems to be consumed with school and work, and fun seems to become something that only exists on the weekends.

Luckily, next week we will all have the chance to sit back and enjoy a night full of entertainment and laughter when comedian Kevin Bozeman kicks off his college tour at the University of Akron.

The event is part of Resident Housing Program Board’s 9:09 series which has produced several great comedians such as Ant and Dan Ahdoot already this semester so we should all be in for a great night when Kevin Bozeman comes to town.

Bozeman is a stand-up comedian from Chicago, who has become increasingly popular on the college circuit over the years.

He has performed at hundreds of colleges across the country and has quickly become a campus favorite with his high energy and tell-it-like-it-is attitude.

He’s made a name for himself in the mainstream by appearing on Comedy Central’s Premium Blend, CBS Star Search, Chicago Comedy Festival and Comics Come Home Tribute to Chris Farley.

He was also the winner of 1999’s HBO Comedy Competition and was an opening act for Aretha Franklin.

As far as the actual jokes go, the man is hilarious and should be just as big of a hit as past comedians that have performed at UA.

Bozeman has a certain knack for the obvious that puts a unique twist on each one of his many jokes.

Whether it be traveling, dating, drinking or social and racial issues- no topic is too sacred for Mr. Bozeman to tackle.

With jokes ranging from NASCAR to the Ku Klux Klan, his indiscretion provides a variety of material to strike every funny bone in the audience several times over.

In addition to his variety, his personality and delivery help him execute every joke to its highest potential.

The event is scheduled for 9:09 p.m. in the Student Union ballroom on Oct. 20 and should let out around 10:45 p.m.

Admission to the show is free of charge, but there is limited seating so make sure you get there early to secure a nice spot to enjoy the show.

If you need further convincing, there are several videos of Kevin Bozeman’s stand up on his MySpace page and on YouTube which are sure to win you over.

So bring a friend, come laugh, take a nice break from the demands of the semester and enjoy some good comedy.