Morrison responds to calls for resignation

” Jack Morrison Jr. said Monday that he has responded to Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner’s letter, which called for his resignation from the Summit County board of elections. Last week, he told reporters he had not yet read Brunner’s letter. I have prepared a letter to her, but as you know today is a holiday, so I know she has not received it, Morrison said.”

Jack Morrison Jr. said Monday that he has responded to Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner’s letter, which called for his resignation from the Summit County board of elections.

Last week, he told reporters he had not yet read Brunner’s letter.

I have prepared a letter to her, but as you know today is a holiday, so I know she has not received it, Morrison said.

Brunner’s call for Morrison’s resignation came after he was found guilty on two misdemeanor ethics violations in July. She said that his conviction makes it impossible for me to allow you to continue your service on the board. The charges revolved around a loan Morrison made to his son enabling him to purchase a home near the university’s campus. The university later bought the home as it began construction of InfoCision Stadium.

The letter gave Morrison until Wednesday to resign. Last week, when asked if he would step down, Morrison said, Absolutely not, I don’t see a reason.

If his response does not include his resignation, Morrison may face an administrative hearing before Brunner.

Governor Ted Strickland is also pursuing Morrison’s removal from the university’s board of trustees and plans to write a letter to the state Senate calling for his dismissal.