Our View

“Banishment for five years and a $2,000 fine is what it costs for hazing students these days. At least at Ohio University. Apparently this kind of behavior isn’t abnormal, considering two other organizations were banned in the last decade as well. Joining a fraternity means a lot of things to students, such as brotherhood, friendship and trust in one another.”

Banishment for five years and a $2,000 fine is what it costs for hazing students these days. At least at Ohio University.

Apparently this kind of behavior isn’t abnormal, considering two other organizations were banned in the last decade as well.

Joining a fraternity means a lot of things to students, such as brotherhood, friendship and trust in one another.

Thanks to the media, it also means that society has viewed hazing pledges as a normal occurence, and OU isn’t proving otherwise.

There can’t possibly be anything appealing about a fraternity that makes you subject yourself to beatings.

Nothing is worth dying from alcohol poisoning.

If students are hazing anyone for any reason at this point in their life, they are pretty much making it clear they are not mature enough for higher education.

Students don’t go to college because they are trying to re-live high school and those who continue to act like bullies will never learn.

It’s time to start acting like adults.

It’s no wonder that parents are afraid to let their kids leave home.

No frat is worth a beating, and if you’re pledging one, you’re adding to the problem.